First off, let me note that these are the average Pythags from throughout the season. Some thoughts:
- That was an awful Jets team that somehow made the playoffs.
- The Chargers blew their best shot at a title. Also, a Colts-Chargers AFC Championship game would have felt like a Super Bowl.
- The Saints finished the season with a much higher Pythag than they averaged for most of the year. They’d be around .6500, if we were using their final Pythag.
- The Cowboys were the best team in the NFC. Whatever happened to Tony Romo?
- Get used to every non-Patriots team in the AFC East having a below-average Pythag.
|San Diego Chargers||0.7093|
|New England Patriots||0.6647|
|New York Giants||0.5778|
|Kansas City Chiefs||0.5302|
|New Orleans Saints||0.5173|
|St. Louis Rams||0.4242|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||0.402|
|New York Jets||0.3955|
|Green Bay Packers||0.3514|
|San Francisco 49ers||0.2918|